CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Monday, April 20, 2015

The Gospel is the Same... week 51

All of the sisters at the Durres Conference with the Elder photo bombing in the background. :)
(I am sorry about the photo. I can not get it to work but want to add it)


Hello Hello!!! :) 

This past week was a super super great week! The weather here is getting so much more warmer and I absolutely love it. The only downer is that I need to start getting ready to sweat like a pig trying to pass a peach pit. Which isn't always the most pleasant feeling, but what can i do? hehe. 

Our investigator that we have is amazing. She took NOTES during our Plan of Salvation lesson. Like real legit notes. I was so impressed. That has never happened before, she is an incredible investigator and I can't wait to see what happens with her! 

Public restrooms aren't a thing here in Albania. Well, we had both drinken a lot of water because it is quite hot here now, and so we had to go to the bathrrom super super bad. We were going to be in Kombinat for another 4 hours and there was no way that we could have held it in. So, we decided to go into a resteraunt. I just walked in, and the chef person pressed the bell to let the waiter come or something but I just looked at him and said in a quiet voice "do you have a bathroom here?" he said yes! I was so relieved!! haha, so we went to the bathroom. That was nice and pleasant, and then we bought a qofte and then left. 
Wishing Sister Johansen's brother happy Birthday! And Delaney!

I totally tripped up the stairs walking towards to our apartment. haha, it was hilarious!! :) 

Sister Johansen's little brother had a birthday (in America of course) and so we made a video for his birthday! I got really excited and decorated my face and everything. So that is why you got weird photos of me. hehe. It was hilarious and so much fun though! Happy birthday to her brother!! 

Speaking of Birthdays. Happy Birthday to Miss Delaney Dean!!! Gosh. I love you girl. 

Motra Z is "Mother" weird named missionaries
Today for p-day we went bowling. One of the elders teased me before we started bowling saying that I should probably go and play billiards instead. ha. my foot. I played in a SKIRT. hehe. I love skirts. I won. I was super surprised that I won, but it was a lot of fun. hehe. :) 

Congratulations to David for receiving the Melchezidek priesthood yesterday. That is so amazing! I am so proud of you cousin!! 


This past weekend me and my companion and some other sisters went down to Durres for the stake mini-missionary conference! It was so much fun! First off Durres actually has a ward buildling, with GRASS. It was like America. So I took off my shoes and ate lunch on the grass. It was glorious. It was really so cool to be at the conference though. A lot of returned missionaries from Albania were there and then a group of missionaries and a group of the youth that want to go on missions. I was in heaven! It was so cool to be there and to be interacting with the Albanian members! Sometimes I forget who I truly am, meaning that sometimes I just think that I am "Sister Zollinger" and not necessarily a missionary. Being there this weekend was so sweet, because I was reminded of the power and authority that comes with the calling of being called as a Mission for the Church of Jesus
A view of Durres 
Christ of Latter day Saints. It was so amazing to spend all day with such powerful converts to the church, who were such incredible examples to me. It was so cool to know that no matter where we are in the entire world, that the gospel is the same. The Church is the same no matter where we go, because Christ is Christ and Heavenly Father is always Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for this gospel. I know that Jesus really is the Christ and that His Atonement is the reason that we can have hope and happiness in this life. I love my Savoir so much. I love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is a true book. I know that the Priesthood has been restored back on the earth and that is why we are different. The exact same gospel that Christ established on earth when He was on earth, that is what this church is. Christ guides this church through His prophet Thomas S. Monson. It is true! And I love it with all my heart! 

Have a most wonderful week! Smile lots serve lots and treasure trials! I love you all so much! 

Love,


Motra Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation