CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Saturday, July 26, 2014

What are Our Lights of Stone?..... Week 13

Hello Hello! :) 


Wow. I remember Brother Vance telling us in the MTC that every day in Albania is so unexpected. Well, that is most definitely so true. Ha-ha, this week has been the most exciting and random by far because there was A SCORPION IN OUR APARTMENT. A scorpion. Granted it was not that big, it was a baby one. But I have never seen such a little thing that looked so evil before in my life. So, I was walking to the bathroom and I stepped over this black thing that started to move. I turned to see what it was, thinking it was a spider...but the shape was too weird to be a spider. But then I realized it was a scorpion. So I was like "uh...Motra...I think this is a scorpion." Sure enough it was. So, we became Scorpion Slayers Friday night. Correction. Motra Russell became a scorpion slayer, I was her cheering section. She tried to trap it but it went into the door frame in a crack. It was like 10ish at night. There was no way that we were gonna be able to sleep until this evil thing was killed. So, we called our District Leader and we were like "so, we have a scorpion in our apartment." They ended up coming over and they got it and they killed it. So they all became scorpion slayers. I was the scorpion slayer's supporter. Ha-ha. It was quite interesting that was for sure. Now we are so paranoid in our apartment; because where did the baby one come from?!?! So, yeah. So far so good. But, only time will tell... haha. So that was our big unplanned adventure for the week! :) 

I found ice cream snicker bars! :) I was so excited because I had at least 3 each week in the MTC. I haven't had any yet though... but that will probably change super soon. 

I found out how incredibly awkward and awful I am at conducting music. I was doing it for our baptism on Friday, and I am glad that no one looks at the chorister, because it was bad. I thought I knew how to do it, but I didn't. My companion had to conduct to me how to conduct to the others so that I got the beat right...and I can't hide it in my face. So I kept on making panicking faces trying to do it. And apparently I would randomly hold my breath and then let out a big breath when I got the beat right. So, none the less Geldona and her brother got some cheap entertainment that night as they made fun of me as I tried to conduct the music. Ha-ha. :) It was funny!

The baptism on Friday went so well! It was just so good. I think the thing that made me happier than anything was seeing how happy Geldona was. When she walked into the font my companion and I hugged each other and were just so excited for Geldona. I loved how happy she was. Actually, she was more than happy. I loved seeing how joyous she was. It just beamed out of her eyes, and you could feel it around her. I don't think she ever stopped smiling that night. It was absolutely amazing. The baptism just went splendidly. It was great! 

This week I was reading in Ether and I was reading the story of the Brother of Jared. I became so interested in the lights of stone that he had the Lord touch. And I realized how easy it is to liken that story to our lives...and more specifically when they are journeying across the ocean; and even more specifically the stones that they used as light for their ocean. And it made me wonder, what are my stones of light? We are all on our journey just like the Brother of Jared and his people were. The way that they were able to live during that journey was because of the light of the stones. What are our lights of stones? What do we use that helps us see? I think that the barges are like the gospel. They protect us from the water that we are traveling on. But, what is it that we use that helps us to see. I think some of the stones can be faith, the atonement, priesthood, the scriptures, family, prayer, the temple, going to church. I really enjoyed likening this story to myself because I got more out of it and I really reflected on who I am and what I have chosen and can continue to choose for my stones of light.  I know that if we are not only active in the church, but if we are active in the gospel too that we will always be okay. I know that this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. The Book of Mormon has the power to change your life, it has mine. The great part about it is how simple it is to know of the truthfulness. You only need to pray and to ask God if the book is true. Because it is either true or it's not. People have died for this book and the message within it because it is either true or because it isn't. I can testify with the entirety of my heart that I know that the Book of Mormon is true; and the other reason that I know that it is true is because I have prayed to God to know if it is true. He not only hears but He answers our prayers. And He will answer yours. You have to ask for Him to be able to answer. 

I love you all! I hope that you have a great week!! :) If you are looking for a great way to celebrate Pioneer Day, read "All is Well" by President Uchtdorf; it is amazing. 

Love
Motra Zollinger


No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation