CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

With His Stripes, I am Healed . . . Week 27

hello hello!! 

This past week was an amazing week!!! :)

Here are some highlights from this week:

olives still have pits. haha, i don't know if i will ever be able to get over that. 

IT SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up in the morning and i saw snow outside and i giggled. I just love the snow so much. *preparation coughing aka clearing voice* Do you Want to Build a Snowman? hehe :) The weather is quite cold here and it is amazing and I absolutely love it. haha, yesterday I wore my glasses.
We walked to our investigators house and inside her house it was warm. So my glasses had a seizure and fogged up like crazy. I couldn't see at all, so i had to take my glasses off for like five minutes for them to defog. haha, good times good times. 

I went in an old fashioned elevator. The ones where you just shut the door and then you see the levels change as you go up the level. I was freaking out. hehe, it was so cool. :) 

So, it is cold here. Motra Favero and I were walking back from an appointment and we started to play tag. It doesn't really work well or go for a long time when it is only the two of you. But, you sure do you get interesting looks as you do that. haha. :) but sometimes you've got to entertain yourself when you are on a long walk. 
 
I had Thai french fries. They are delicious.

Today for p-day we carved pumpkins, because it is Halloween soon. If I say so, mine was pretty awesome. Pumpkin seeds are edible... i have never had one before so I just ate one raw...not too bad...but i think we'll bake those tonight.  


This past week has been a great week! I wanted to share a scripture from Mosiah that really stuck out to me this week. It is in Mosiah chapter fourteen and is in verse five. This verse I think explains so well how much Christ loves us and how we can get through this life. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Christ was wounded for my transgressions, He was bruised for my iniquities; the chastisement of my peace was upon Him; and with His stripes I am healed. That scripture I think is so powerful. Everything that I am going to face in this life, Christ put it upon Him. Every emotion, every trial, every sin, everything possible; He willingly and lovingly took upon Himself. Because Christ did that, I can find peace I can find strength and it is because of His atonement. I can be healed through Christ's help, through His Atonement. I know that my Savior lives! I am so humbled each and everyday when I put Christ's name on my chest.  It is one of the most humbling experiences in my life to be able to represent my Savior to the wonderful people of Albania and Kosovo; and I know that I do not do it alone. My Savior is with me and I represent Him, as I am a missionary here. I love being a missionary. I love teaching and serving people. I know that this church is true and that we don't need to ever go through anything alone. Ever. Just like it says in mosiah 24:15; we don't need to do anything alone, because He has already gone through everything that we will go through. I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me a Savior. 

Have a wonderful week! smile lots and serve lots!! :) 

Love,

Motra Zollinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation