CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Defending My Savior... Weeks 24, 25 and 26

Hello Hello!!

Wow. It has been a crazy crazy past two weeks!! The past two p-days were a lot busier than I had anticipated so I wasn't able to send out the mass email, but I get to today! :) The past couple weeks have been so good. Here are some highlights:

Happy birthday to Madison!! Ya old fart. ;) 

Happy Birthday to Greyman too! :) 

Happy Birthday to my wonderful and sweet grandma! Plenty nine years old once again. :)

I am in Kosovo now. To get to Kosovo we literally drove THROUGH a mountain. It was so cool!! It is so pretty up here too!  It is so nice here! I absolutely love Kosovo!! Gheg sounds so cool too, I love the language difference here! haha, it is a work in progress speaking it too, but it works. :) 

Motra Z on the Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo



I have been in 3 countries in the past 3 weeks. First, Albania. Then Kosovo. Then we went on exchanges to Macedonia. It was so cool to see more of the country of Kosovo and Macedonia as well. It is so pretty and I loved Macedonia! The missionaries in Macedonia are awesome and the Macedonian language sounds so amazing cool!! They also had a burger king up there!! It was super good to have some american food...but they didn't have mint ice cream. I'm a gonna find mint ice cream somewhere. It will ndodh. 

Elders Clawson, Jorgenson, McGrath and Stuart
There is an amazing delicious Thai resteraunt here! First time I have ever tried Thai food was in Kosovo. Anyways, it was our first time having lunch together as a district, and Elder Clawson has been serving in Kosovo for four months now, so I asked him what I should get at the Thai restaurant. I told him that I was a sissy with heat so I couldn't get anything spicy. He said to get the pineapple curry because it wasn't spicy. ha, in his defense he said when he had it it wasn't hot. but it was most definitely hot. My mouth was on fire! and since it was our first lunch together I couldn't start crying because something was so spicy so I started to dog pant to try and calm my tongue down. But it didn't help at first, so I started to pant harder...i got light headed. haha, i felt like I was going to pass out. Long story short, I will never eat pineapple curry again. and the good news is that I survived. :) haha. 

Olives have pits. Did you know that? The olives that I have always eaten have had that hole at the top where I stick my finger in them... so at dinner with some members and the branch president's wife I learned that olives have pits, that they don't come with the hole at the top. So, one of the members had olives on her pizza and she doesn't like them, well, I do. So I ate them for her. I took a bite into it and felt the "pit". So, I turned to the branch president's wife and said "be careful... i think they stuffed the olive with like a nut or something." she just looked at me and said "sister zollinger, that is the olive pit." My Mind was completley blown!!! I think I kept on bringing the fact up the rest of the night that olives have pits. Because I had no idea that they did. Really though, that is awesome!! 

For service we went and mowed the branch president's lawn and weeded! I weeded!! I was so happy!! and I may or may not have accidentally pulled out one of their flowers......... but anyways. There were a lot of slugs in the garden, and so we may or may not have started throwing the slugs at each other. I was innocent of course in this. I wasn't too good at throwing them, but my companion got Elder Clawson right in the back of the neck and then it fell into his hoody. haha, his face was priceless. That was a really fun service time!

We played soccer today for p-day. It felt so good!!! aaaahhh, it felt so good!

My district here is amazing! We had lunch together yesterday and it went so well! I just love the Elders in my district, they are amazing and such great Elders! and my companion. She is incredible and I am so blessed and lucky to be with her! 

I love it here in Kosovo so much! People have way different perspective on Christ here. I have been told so many times that Christ is an imaginary person and that He is not real. They say this to my face. They deny my Savior in front of my face every day, and it sorta stabs me in the heart when they say it. But, I had such a neat experience about that situation this week. I am not one to try and talk about things that someone doesn't like or agree with because I don't want to make them mad or uncomfortable. So often times I will try to bring up something of the restoration when I am talking to people. It was Wednesday morning and I had read Thomas S. Monson's talk "Be of Good courage." I really loved that talk! Well, that day I was on the street and I was talking to this man. I showed him a photo of the restoration and he saw Christ and God and he sorta went a little bitter. He was like "no. That's not right. Christ isn't real. He's not real at all." In my head I was like "ok..." but then I thought of the talk that I read that morning, about having courage. So, I testified of Christ right then. I told him that we are all free to believe what we want but then I said "I believe in Christ. I know that He is my Savior and that He has done so much for me. I am so grateful to Christ for all that He has done and I love Him. I know that He is real." The guy left and his mind wasn't changed, but I got to defend my Savior Jesus Christ. I felt so good Dad! I did everything that I possible could have in that situation, but I had the courage to testify of Christ to an anti-Christ instead of trying another approach for our Church. I don't know if I can adequately explain how good it felt, but it felt soo good!! That is my favorite part about being a missionary, being able to not only represent my Savior but to also defend my Savior and my Redeemer. I know that Christ does live. He knows me. He loves me. Christ knows all of us. Come to Christ. He suffered for my sins and my emotions, and your sins and your emotions. He knows us more than we know ourselves. He is the only one who can truly comfort us because He knows exactly what we are going through and exactly how we feel. I love my Savior so much and I am so grateful that I get to teach people about Him, and that I get to defend my Savior. I know that this church is true! I love being a missionary! I love this gospel!

And remember: anything is possible with two. As long as one is God and the other is you. 

Have a great and wonderful week! Smile lots and serve lots!! 

Love,

Motra Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation