CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The end of shator. . . Week 23

Wingapo my friends!! :) 

Wow what a week what a week! :)

I have been beyond blessed to serve with Sister Russell. She has been absolutely amazing and I have learned so much from her! I am going to miss working with her so much but I am so grateful for this past transfer! It has been such a great start for my mission and I cannot wait to see what lays in store! 

Highlights of the week: 

The weather is so much cooler here. I absolutely love it so much! The weather is nearly perfect here. So good. 

Yesterday I made the big mistake of drinking THREE waterbottles during lunch. I don't know why I drank so much, but it happened. But, the problem is that they don't have public restrooms here in Albania. And when you have a 4 fl. oz bladder capacity like me, well, let's just say last night was a REALLY interesting night. After lunch we went a member's house. After the lesson nature was calling my name. But, we had another lesson to go to. So, we took the bus partly there because that was less walking on a full bladder. We had the lesson with the family, which went really well by the way. After this lesson Nature was full on yelling my name!! But, our shtepi was soo far away. So we walked slowly. We stopped and talked to this person who was wanting to talk to us in English. So after that we bee lined it to the church. I would walk really slowly and then try to walk faster to get to the church. When we were closeish, Motra started laughing. which caused me to start laughing which made me start to run to the church. But, then traffic happened. So whilst we were waiting to cross the street there was  A LOT of traffic so I just walked around the pole. haha. okay, long story short last night was the longest 3 hours of my life during that time of not having a public restroom to use. and the Moral of the story is: DO NOT DRINK 3 WATER BOTTLES OF WATER DURING LUNCH WHEN YOU DO NOT HAVE PUBLIC RESTROOMS TO USE. Yep, true 'dat son. 

We had sister's conference this week. That was so much fun! It was all the sisters in the mission and the Mission President and his wife. It was so amazing. We talked about the Atonement. It was amazing. That is one of the coolest things about the gospel, there is no maximum in the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is always something that could be learned if you are wanting and willing to learn. 

I learned that you can't try to make up an apple pie filling for a pie. I tried using an applie crisp recipe thinking it would work. It didin't. I also learned that you can't let dough rise all day and then make rolls after. Because fermented rolls are not good. But I wanted food so I still ate a roll, I am very grateful that I didn't get sick...

We did Albanian dancing at a ward party. I would not dance, because I have two retarded left knees and I just can't dance. But then Motra Russell and Elder Ostergard ganged up on me and I danced. But, I actually am glad they did because I ended up loving it!! It was a lot of fun! Albanian dances are the bomb dot com!! :)


Yesterday, we had transfer calls! And when I am anxious and such I have to eat. So, we got in the house at 9 at night, and we didn't get the transfer call until 10:35. And I literally ate something (roll, piece of pie, orange, cookie, and lots of water) until the call. And guess what?! I am going to KOSOVO!!!!!!!!! I was so surprised! I didn't know what to say to respond. But, I am going to Kosovo! My companion will be Sister Favero! I am so excited to work with her, she seems like an amazing missionary! We are going to be white washing the area, and we also are going to be learning Gheg. It is going to be a lot of fun! I think the coolest part about getting the transfer calls last night was the peace that I felt. During the week I prayed that when I found out where I was going on my mission that I would get a confirmation that that really is the place that Heavenly Father needs me to go to. As soon as President Weidmann told me that I would be going to Kosovo I felt so much peace. President Weidmann before ending the phone call said "Sister Zollinger, I know that this is where the Lord wants and needs you." I responded "Me too President. Me too." I don't know what lays in store for me in Kosovo but I know that this is where I am supposed to be going and I am so excited for what lays in store for me. I know without a doubt that the message that we have, all missionaries all around the world, is true. We do have the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth again. God really is our Father in Heaven. Christ is my Savoir, and your Savoir. He has made it possible for us to return to live with God again; it is up to us, we need to accept the Gospel. Accept what is given to us. I know that it is true! 

Have a wonderful week! :) I am so excited for General Conference!! It is going to be so amazing!! :) If you have any questions for life or anything, pray and ask for an answer and I can promise you that you will get an answer during General Conference. 

I love you all! Smile lots and serve lots! :)

Love,

Motra Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation