CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Wonderful Message . . . Week 19

Hello hello!! 

This week was such a great week! 

Highlights from this week: 

First off, I now eat tomatoes. Like on my own free will. They actually are quite delicious to my tongue taste buds. 

We went to Kruje today. It is absolutely gorgeous up there! We went to the top of this building and we could see the entire city plus some. It was amazing. 

We saw a Dasëm (Albanian wedding). They were celebrating it at the bottom level of the apartment, and we had to go upstairs, so we just smiled and joined the dance line as we walked to the stairs to go upstairs. 
Motra's Russel, Kokul and Betinger in Kruje

I am not sweating as much... that is always a good thing. 

Okay, the big highlight of this entire week is how the week went. This week was amazing. I am not gonna lie, August was a hard month. It was way hard. We weren't finding any new investigators and it seemed like no matter how hard we tried it wasn't doing anything. We decided to fast on Wednesday for help from our Heavenly Father so that we could find those people who have been prepared to hear our message and also that we could have this discouragement go away. It is amazing what fasting can do. I have such a stronger testimony of fasting since coming on a mission. I know that fasting does work; and that God is aware of our needs and that He does answer prayers. This weekend has been amazing. We have found 3 new investigators, we had such amazing lessons this weekend, and this weekend just went so well. And I know that it is only because of the fact that God does hear and answer our prayers and that He also is aware of our fasts. I don't know if I can adequately describe how this weekend has felt, seeing the Lord's hand helping us doing His work, it has been so humbling. I feel like being a missionary when talking to people and when telling them about this Gospel, this wonderful blessing that we have that will change their lives, I want to say so much to them. I want them to realize how good this is for them. I just want to go up on the Mountain Tops and say for all to hear: "This message is true! The Book of Mormon is True!" but, when we testify or teach people about this message, they are able to feel it. The Holy Ghost I think gives them that feeling of peace that has been missing from their lives, but at the same time is so familiar to them, because it comes from God. 
Motra Zallenxher and Russel

I realized this week how amazing this is. I am a missionary. In Albania. I can't get over it. I love what I am doing here. I love it soo much!! I think one of the best feelings in the world is knowing that you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing, and that is the feeling that I have being here. I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true. It can and will change your live, you only have to give it the chance to do it. 

Have a great week! I love you all so much! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation