CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Thursday, August 28, 2014

There is a literal power from the Book of Mormon . . . Week 18

Hello hello! :)

How was everyone's week? I hope that it went well! This week has been a great week! 

Highlights from this week:

English class. We are teaching filistar and I get the little kids. I absolutely love it. I teach them animals and foods and people and how you talk about them in english. What I do is that I will draw *attempt to draw* something and then I write what it is in english. And they tell me how to say it in Albanian. So it is pretty much killing two birds with one stone. Really though, the kids are adorable and they laugh at what I say. hehe, which reminds me of Grey laughing whenever I was trying to be funny. hehe. we really have great times during english class together. :)

a returning member that we have been working with came to church yesterday for the first time in 7 years!!!!!!!!!! Motra and I were so excited to see her!!! Ah, so happy!! 


Earlier this week we were street contacting and we talked to a man selling bananas. His name is Toni. We met with him on Friday and gave him a Book of Mormon. It was amazing: Sunday evening the first ward had a baptism (all the baptisms in Tirana are at our wardhouse, because we have a font). We didn't find out about the baptism until after church. So, it was about 40 minutes before the baptism and we get a call from Toni. He was in Tirana. He was at the church. He wanted to find the church so that he knew where it was. So we went to the baptism with him. It was amazing. I know that that was not a coincidence, at all. That was a tender mercy of the Lord and I am so grateful that He helped us with getting Toni to the baptism. We are hoping that something at the baptism touched him, and we are so excited to meet with him later this week. 
Tree, me, tree


My companion is amazing. She is absolutely incredible. And we are so hilarious. You should hear some of our conversations. We also have super spiritual conversations as well. We also tell hilarious stories and make up awesome songs on the spot to entertain ourselves. 

I had such a neat learning experience this week. I learned about the power that comes from the Book of Mormon. These past couple weeks have seemed a little more trying and I didn't understand why. Yes, I know that everyone has their ups and downs but I didn't get why mine was seeming to be lasting or that I couldn't get over it. It seemed like something was missing, something that I wasn't doing. I realized what it was on Tuesday. During lunch that day I decided to read the Book of Mormon. After I read out of it, i literally felt filled with some excitement some power. And then it hit me, for the past couple weeks I hadn't really read out of the Book of Mormon everyday. During personal study I would read out of preach my gospel and I would read the scriptures that it suggested with personal study, or I would read out of the new testament and such. I was still reading some scriptures but I wasn't focusing it on the Book of Mormon. I felt like i got spiritually spanked by the spirit that day, and i swear my guardian angels just had their hands on their forehead in the "duh formation". I knew that the Book of Mormon was important, but I never understood that there was literally a physical, spiritual, and emotional power that comes from reading from that wonderful book every single day. But, I now know that there is a power that comes from the Book of Mormon. It is hard to explain what it is, but you have to experience it to know what it is. For the rest of my life, I will read out of my Book of Mormon every single day. Even if it is just a few verses, because I know how it feels to have skipped some days here and there, and i just felt like something was missing. I am so grateful for the mercy of our Heavenly Father; that I was able to repent and ask for His forgiveness. And that I felt His love and I knew that I was still loved.


I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I now know that there really is a power that comes from the Book of Mormon. It is true. I love reading out of the Book. It is a blessing for us. If we want to know more of our Savoir, Jesus Christ or our Heavenly Father; read the Book of Mormon. If we want to know if we have a purpose in our life, read the Book of Mormon. If we want to know what is going to happen when we die, read the Book of Mormon. If we want to know if God loves us, read the Book of Mormon. If we want to feel peace in our life, read the Book of Mormon. If we want to feel more happiness in our life, read the Book of Mormon. There is not a question that cannot be answered by reading the Book of Mormon. It is true and it can and will change our lives. I also know that as we read the Book of Mormon that we can feel of it's truthfulness; and sometimes feeling the truth is knowing the truth. I know this to be true. 

Have a great week! Good luck with school starting for everyone and I hope that all is going well! :) I love you all so much! 

Love,

Motra Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation