CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Language of the Spirit . . . Week 22

Hello hello!! :)

This past week was quite a week! It was a week full of lessons and it was so amazing! 

High lights from this past week: 


We had zone conference with our Mission President. That was amazing. The musical numbers that were given were absolutely amazing. Music is able to touch a soul in ways that words could not. 

They have these amazing things here call Lion Bars. They are amazing and frankly they are to die for in some instances. Well, I tried the white chocolate one this week. So stinkin' good!! Aah, so good. 

I like tomatoes now. I don't know if I have mentioned that before (jk I know I have) but it is so weird that I like tomatoes that I just have to keep mentioning it. Today I also had green olives...and I didn't want to vomit. They actually tasted good. 

I learned how to make rice this week. That was exciting. 

My companion also taught me how to take good photos. She is a professional photographer so I learned the rule of 3s to be able to take good pictures. :)



So, I don't know if ya'll heard but the Pope came yesterday! It was really cool all the decorations that Albania put up for the Pope. It was really nice too, because there were no makines in the street so we could just cross the street whenever yesterday without fearing of crossing the street. But, it was weird too, because the bus system shut down which was a little difficult because our lessons for yesterday we needed to take the bus to get there. So, those lessons didn't happen. We were pretty much grounded yesterday to our apartment. Our mission president told us to avoid big groups of people for safety measures, in case any of them were extremists and our safety could be in danger. So unless we had an appointment we had to stay in the apartment. What else are you supposed to do when you are in the apartment and you have a chocolate craving? You make a chocolate cake. That's what. So that's what I did, and then we got together as missionaries and watch the movie of Thomas S. Monson's life. It was a lot of fun! 


This past week I learned a really valuable lesson about the importance of the Spirit. After a lesson with one of our investigators I was worried, because I felt like I could speak Albanian fare during that lesson. And I was worrying about it afterwards and everything; and something that my companion said helped me and made me realize the importance of the spirit. She said that you can speak in the most elegant language and make complete sense but if you don't have the spirit with you, it doesn't mean anything. She also said that you can speak so grammatically incorrect, and it could be so choppy; but if you have the spirit with you then it means everything. I can testify of the importance of the Spirit. It is so important that we being missionaries teach by the Spirit of God. Because we could say everything that we know about what we are teaching, but if we do it without the spirit, it is a waste of words. I see it like this: God knows everything. He knows every language. But, he also knows every dialect of every person. It is our responsibility as missionaries to do our best to teach the message by the spirit, and the spirit in turn takes what we are saying and translates it into their dialect of language, so that they can understand and feel that familiar feeling of truth that they had in the pre-existence. Every person on the earth right now accepted Heavenly Father's plan to come to earth. They knew the truth, they fought alongside me before we came to Earth to have this plan. We are just reminding them of what they already knew; we are helping them remember what truth is and what it felt like. 

I know that God speaks to us through the Spirit, through the Holy Ghost. That is why it is so important for us to be living our lives in such a way that we will be able to recognize and understand the spirit. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that Jesus is the Christ, our Brother, and our Savoir. I love them and I know that they love us. 

Have a wonderful week! Smile lots and serve lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation