CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Monday, May 11, 2015

We Do Not Doubt Our Mothers Knew it..... week 54

Sister Z's younger brother actually participated in this.
Hello Hello!!! :) 

This past week was just such an absolutely amazing week!! I feel like a lot of things have happened this past week, it was a busy week, that is for sure. But it was amazing! 

Swollen eyes!!!
First thing is first. Happy Mother's day!!!! Skyping yesterday was absolutely amazing and I loved it so much!! It was so good to hear all of your voices and to see all of you!!! Goodness gracious. It was amazing!! :) Technology, it's quite amazing. 

For english class we are now teaching the Mesitar-me ulet. Which is a lot of fun. This past week we went over the vocab for items in a house and everything. I was confusing the word bed and tent...and so I tried to instead draw a picture of a bed. Which was an epic fail. And then I tried to draw a picture of a tent, which too was a fail. haha, my companion just laughed at me and even the class was laughing at me. One of the students got out his camera and took a picture of it as he said "wow. that is such a great drawing." haha. sarcasm, what is that? ;) it was hilarious though! 



Wednesday was such an awesome day! We went to institute, it was a super good lesson. So, we only have 2 hours to eat lunch (we don't eat dinner until after we do nightly planning, so after nine thirty usually). anyways, for Wednesday we decided to save our lunch time so that we could go and eat with one of our recent converts after institute and to just do stuff with her, because it is hard to meet with her and everything. So, after institute we played ping-pong. haha. That was hilarious. We started to not play with any rules and boy that got crazy. hehe. But afterwards we walked to a place to eat. I ate the best sufflaqe in Tirana!! It was so much better than the Sufflaqes at Time-out. It was amazing. On the way home we got super good ice cream as well. The recent convert's brother came with us, and he speaks english. He turned and said "hey, how do you say lime in albanian." I thought it was a trick question, so I just told him that I didn't know and I asked him how you would say it. He just said "oh, i don't know. I thought you would know." haha, i thought it was hilarious! Really though, it was such a great night that night to be able to go to dinner with them! Such a good time! 

Thursday we had Zone Conference! We only semi got lost walking to the T1/T3 ward building...hehe, but we found it! Zone Conference was amazing as always! Sister Johansen and I helped with the musical number, we sang the song "Gethsemane". It is such a pretty song. The training by President Weidmann was absolutely amazing as usual! It was such a great conference! We ate probably more than 25 boxes of pizza for lunch. haha. Missionaries eat a lot. It was so much fun to see everyone though. It was so much to see some of my Prishtina brothers. To be able to catch up with some of the people that I have served with before. It was so good!! haha. I am pretty sure that this mission has the best missionaries ever!! It was so much fun!! :) I even saw Kokul! I think her first name is Ari...but i'm not sure. She was my Sister Training Leader for my first transfer. She came back to visit and I got to see her! It was so nice to see her and to talk to her! She is awesome as always!! so, yeah, pretty much Zone Conference was absolutely amazing. 

Thursday to Friday I went on exchanges with wonderful Sister Dunn from Washington. She is absolutely amazing. It was such a fun exchange! She was a competitive rower-boater person. Like in olympics where they race the boats, yeah she did that competitively and semi internationally. I mean, how awesome is that? So...i might have to try that one day. hehe. :) The exchange went so well! She eats a lot, and I love food. So we went to lunch at a traditional food place. The ladies there, they were judging us hard core with all the food that we had ordered. Some people i think don't realize that we do actually know Albanian. They were just laughing at us because of all the food that we were ordering. So I went up and said "look. I know it's a lot of food, but we like food...but maybe you don't have to do an entire plate of it per one like usual...but just do a smaller portion." I am pretty sure that we completley shocked the workers there because we ate every single thing that we had ordered. Granted I was stuffed for the entire day, but it was so good and so worth it. hehe. 

We also went tracting on Friday morning. The funniest thing happened. So we knocked on one door and an asian man answered the door. You don't see a lot of Asians here, so it was different. Anyways, he didn't have a shirt on and I was too scared to see if he had pants on. Instead he just looked at us and put his hand up telling us to wait and then left. He came back a couple minutes later and had been so kind and generous to put on a full set of pajamas. haha. But it gets even weirder. He didn't know albanian. He didn't know english either. So he called one of his friends, and talked to her in chinese...and then he just gave us the phone and we talked to his friend in Albanian. We tried explaining who we were and everything and then she said that he was Buddhist and he wasn't interested. We gave the phone back to the guy, he continued to talk to his friend in chinese and then hung up. he just looked at us and smiled and then said "..uh... bye." it was so weird, and i felt like we had completley ran into a language barrier. But it was so cool!! hehe, it was a highlight of the day for sure. 
The Museum...  Sister Z caught off guard

Futbol on Saturday went super well. It was super warm outside and it felt so good. Afterwards we went to a mexican resteraunt. They were playing the backstreet boys. hehe. 

Today we went to an art museum! Usually all the museums in Albanian are closed on Mondays...but we were walking up to see if it was open and the worker could tell that we were American... so he let us in. Which was weird, but super super nice of him. The museum was super super cool! 

I FOUND MINT ICE CREAM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were just walking around today and we saw the ice cream and we all ordered some, well all the normal ones did except for one elder. hehe. ;) The ice cream was so ridiculously good!!! It tasted so so so good! Almost like fars ice cream. I was in heaven. 

I am so grateful that we have a holiday that is called Mother's Day. I wanted to share a quote that President Weidmann sent to all of us. It is from our wonderful Prophet Thomas S. Monson.  "Perhaps the teacher you and I remember best is the one who influenced us most.  She may not have used a chalkboard nor possessed a college degree, but her lessons were everlasting and her concern genuine. Yes, I speak of Mother..." I love this quote so much! I think that it is so incredibly true. I know growing up my Mom was there for me for everything. When I was little she was my partner in crime. Throughout soccer she was my coach, my trainer, and my cheerleader. Throughout high school she was my therapist and my journal and honestly my sanity. Right now in Albania she is my support and my love. But from the very beginning she has been my Best Friend. That is my Mom. Because of how great of a mother my mom has been and is to me and my siblings, that is the greatest thing I ever hope to attain and hope to become..is a mother. I am so grateful for my parent's example on how to have a wonderful relationship and family centered around the gospel and especially around Christ and God. There is no calling or title that I hold with more respect that I hope to obtain in my life than that of a Mother. I too like the Stripling Warriors can say that I do not doubt. I am so grateful that God has blessed me so much because he gave me my wonderful best friend and mom. Life doesn't come with a manual, but we don't need a manual. Because Life comes with a Mother. 

I love you all! Have a wonderful wonderful week! Smile lots serve lots and treasure trials! :) 

Love,
Motra Zallenxher 



No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation