CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Monday, July 27, 2015

We can never Glory to Much in the Lord .... week 64

hello hello!! :) 

So, I don't have as much time to write this email right now...

This was taken by an american tourist who is a member 
BUT first and foremost. A wishing of happiness is in order for my older sister Forehead also known as Mandi to normal people (forehead, is what I call her). but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!!! Another year older and more grey hairs, but those show your wisdom, so don't worry. ;) Honestly though sister, I hope that you have an amazing birthday! Eat lots of delicious yummy chocolate cake and smile lots. You are amazing!! 

So, I was so witty this past week. We were buying bread on Friday I think it was or maybe Thursday, it was the day of the muslim holiday Bajramin. So, the bread place that we go to, the lady always teases me because i keep my coins in a kinder egg. and so i ordered our bread and then she just looked at me and said "where's the money" and I showed her the egg and then she just started to laugh. Well I only had small value coins so I ended up giving her a lot of coins, and albanians get really upset really easily if it is in small amounts...and so i was trying to think of something to say that would sorta break the ice with this situation. I was about to give it to her and say merry christmas...but then I remembered it was bajramin and so i said "gezuar bajramin!" and she started to laugh so hard and she took the money laughing. I was laughing because of how witty that statement was. haha, it was hilarious. really, believe me. :) 

Almonds. Do they really grow on trees? First olives. Now almonds. What's next? Lemons? 

Motra White and Zollinger
There was a Lizard at church yesterday. I noticed it during sacrament meeting and I was distracted for a little bit, it was a cute little bugger. hehe. :) Oh, yesterday too, an American family came to church!! It was so weird. haha, I still spoke albanian to them because I didn't know what to do. but then I ended up speaking english with them. The mom came up to us and starting talking to me and my companion and we just stared at her... but the ice melted (because of the heat of course) and we were able to talk to them like normal people and everything. They were super super sweet, and they were such amazing missionaries as well as they brought a family with them to church! It was aweomse! 

We helped the Elders clean their apartment that they are moving out of... I warned all of the missionaries there that if there were any spiders that I would either 1) freak out and cry or 2) that i would be done. Well, I was doing fine until I went and cleaned one of the bathrooms. I squirted one spiders with the killing clorox like spray, but then there was a big one and so I just yelled "Elders! I'm done! I'm out!!!!" so I went and cleaned the dishes. but then I opened up the cabinets under the sink and saw lots of big things moving and then I was just like "okay! That's it. I'm done. I'm out of here for good. nope!" So I went and re-swept the rooms that had already been swept. stupid spiders. blah. i hate 'em. i hate 'em. 

It is really hot here. Like really hot. I have found out that it is possible to sweat in areas that I didn't even know I could sweat that much. it is gross. haha. 

This past week, this song has come to my mind a lot. It is such a powerful song. I know that it is true. That everything Christ did was because He loves us. I know that I talk a lot about Christ in my emails home, but Christ has become everything to me. I know now more than any other time and more powerfully than before that Jesus is the Christ. His Atonement is real. He did it for you, He did it for me. Because He loves us. His Atonement unlocks to lock to anything that binds us. I love my Savoir and my Redeemer and I will never cease to sing praises to His name. What Ammon says in Alma chapter 26 is perfect "...for who can glory too much in the Lord." We can never glory too much in the Lord.  Never. In fact, I don't know if we ever do it enough. 

Have a great week! Smile lots serve lots and treasure trials!! :) I love you all! 

Love,
Motra Zollinger



Gethsemane 
Jenny Phillips

Jesus climbed the hill
To the garden still
His steps were heavy and slow
Love and a prayer
Took Him there
To the place only He could go

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
So He went willingly
To Gethsemane

He felt all that was sad, wicked or bad
All the pain we would ever know
While His friends were asleep
He fought to keep
His promise made long ago

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
So He went willingly
To Gethsemane

The hardest thing That ever was done
The greatest pain that ever was known
The biggest battle that ever was won
This was done by Jesus.
The fight was won by Jesus.

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
So he gave His gift to me
In Gethsemane

Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
So he gives His gift to me


From Gethsemane

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation