CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 ..... week 36 and 37

Hello hello!!! :) 

Sorry I didn't send out an email last week... NO ONE was open for New Years so it was sorta crazy email time. 

The past couple weeks have been amazing weeks! :) So many highlights: 

We had transfers! My new companion is Sister Riley! She is fresh from the MTC and she is absolutely amazing. She is such a sweet heart and I am so excited to be serving with her! She is incredible! 

Yesterday I had a spoonful of HOT TOBASCO sauce thanks to Elder Rasband. It was a dare, but hey I got two chocolate milka bars for it. and I am still alive, so I guess it was worth it. I did it yesterday during our lunch and a couple members were there so I couldn't react too bad, but hot dog that stuff is hot. In my head I was screaming but I had to handle it cool. Ever since the MTC i have become such a sissy to hot stuff and the elders have picked up on that. haha. 

Our very first lesson with my new companion was at a recent converts house. She has a crazy little boy that be a handful. Last transfer a lot of times I ended up distracting him so that we could teach the mom. So when we came this week he decided to pick on me. He is a 3 year old. He was pulling my scarf and trying to do anything to me as I was trying to teach his mom, that sneaky boy! So long story short I got beat up by a 3 year old. That sneaky boy. haha, it hilarious though. He was getting a kick out of it and kept on giggling...so it was good. :) 

So, we have water filters and it was time to change our water filters. We had already done 2 of the 3 containers. so we were on the last one. And this thing was soo tight! We could not loosen it. Sister Riley and I had been giving a go at it for about 5 minutes. I just laughed and said "we might have to call the elders..." but then I started thinking about the endless teasing we would get from the elders and so I gave it one last try and i was able to unloosen it. Thank goodness!! Honestly, we were so close to calling the elders to have them help us loosen a cartridge...but thankfully we didn't have to. haha. 

Today for p-day we went bowling. We played two games. The first game I did not do too hot. But the second game, after the 4th bowl I started to get really competetive with the fact that I was losing so bad. So, I decided if I throw the bowling ball far enough down the lane then I wouldn't have enough room to mess up so badly. Well it worked.. haha. I ended up coming in second. the last few frames were really intense and stressful because it was Elders MkGrath, Rasband, and I all within points of eachother. haha, it was a lot of fun. 


Looking back on the year 2014 I have realized how extremely blessed I have been. I am here in Kosovo as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am living my biggest dream that I have had ever since a little girl. I am so excited for this coming year (besides the fact that I will be turning 20). I don't know what the year has in store for me, but I know that God does. That is one thing that I have learned thus far since being on my mission. That we don't know what bumps or detours we are going to run into in our lives, but that doesn't matter really. God knows what is going to happen in our lives and He is so willing to help us in our lives. But He isn't going to force His way into our lives. We need to accept Him into our lives and let Him help. When you think about it, it only makes sense. It makes no sense to try and do things on our own... we are only human with so many weaknesses; why try to do this all on our own when we can have the help of our Father in Heaven who is the author of everything in the world? I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much. I love what President Monson says something along the lines of "...how far He is willing to go and how much He is willing to do to help us." It's true. We are Children. Accept Him. Go to Him for help. Anything is possible with two. As long as one is God and the other is you. I hope that this year, no matter what we face in life, that we won't try to do it alone. But that we will face our life with the help of God. Only that way will we be able to look back on our lives with a smile on our face and gratittude in our hearts. I love my Father in Heaven. I know that I am a Daughter of God. I know that Jesus is the Christ, He is our Savoir and our Redeemer. I love them so much. and I am so grateful that I am here as a missionary and I am able to help the people in Kosovo and Albania; that I get to help my Angels in my personal promised land. 

Have a wonderful week! Smile lots and serve lots!! :) 

Love,

Motra Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation