CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Monday, February 9, 2015

We are enlisted.... week 42

Hello hello!! :) 

I hope that everyone has had a great week this past week, and that you are enjoying the super warm weather there. The weather here has turned bipolar and it is super super freezing here, but I absolutely love it! 

Motra Davis and Motra Zollinger 
So Tuesday we went to Bondsteel!! Can i just say how much I absolutely love going to bondsteel? I get to eat with soldiers. I absolutely love it. No, there was no mint ice cream BUT there was cookies and cream ice cream and chocolate and strawberry and it was yummy. I may or may not have gotten seconds... or even thirds. The guy who dished the ice cream was nice and he just laughed each time I came back. I was totally loving it though! The lesson that we had with the soldiers was really good as well. We talked about Christ and what He means to us, it was amazing. 
Motra Riley, Motra Zollinger and Elder Rawlings

On Wednesday the protests didn't end up happening because of the weather... but we heard that is still might be happening later that day so we had to stay inside the church. We played uno for 3 hours!! I won a lot and i didn't even cheat. mwaaaaa. :) haha.

We went on exchanges this week. I was with sister Davis. She is absolutely amazing and I love her tons. We had a lot of fun together and she gave me a hair cut! I got sick of the layers on just the one side of my hair and so I had her level out my hair. It is a lot shorter and just about to my collar bone... I really like it. I was a little nervous at it at first (ha, i even got a nightmare the night before I got it cut) but I really like it now. Sister Davis did awesome at it too, she is awesome! 

"elder temple fried chicken. I made biscuits, the other elders did begetables"
as quoted by  Motra Z
haha, yeah, so I am learning my roman noodles... haha, oh my. Did I say roman noodles, I already know what those are, I eat those. I meant roman numerals. So the game that we play on p-day, Settler's of Catan, it has roman numerals on it. And everytime I would be like "elders what is 8" and they would be "v with 3 i's moter" oh okay. haha. so I felt a little turped out and so I am learning my roman numerals. :)

my athlete's foot may or may not be back... but ca me bo? 

So the Branch President's little boy, he is about 3 years old. He is in love with the Disney Movie Cars. Well, i love that movie too! let's just say that he has a little cars set that he brings to church and i will talk to him about Mater. hehe. :)

This morning for personal study I read Elder Holland's talk "We are Enlisted" it is such a good talk!! I highly highly recommend it for everyone, especially those who are wanting to serve missions and those on missions. It got me fired up. Then,  it reminded me too of the War in Heaven. It is so interesting to read about that in the Bible Dictionary, because the war isn't over. It is still going on today. We are fighting for the cause that we chose in Heaven. Just like a coach saves his best for last, God is sending His strongest troops now. This is us. We are given everything that we need to fight in this battle, the scriptures. I know that the scriptures are true and that a power comes from reading them. 

Have a wonderful week! Sorry the spiritual portion is shorter, i've got to go. I love you all! Have a great week! Smile lots and serve lots! :) 

Love,

 Motra Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation