CalledToServe

CalledToServe

Monday, February 2, 2015

Our Personal Gethsemanes.... week 41


Hello hello!! :) 

Motra Zollinger and her darling companion Motra Riley
Well, if this week wasn't an exciting week than I don't know what was. So many things have happened and it has been such a great week too! Here are some highlights: 

We were grounded again this week aka we had to stay in our apartment for safety because of the riots going on. They were going on just down the street from the church. So we stayed in all day long. It was really interesting. The Elders are building the Settler's of Catan game set. They had all these cards that needed to be cut out, I figured that I had a lot of time, so I said that I would do it. That was a mistake, haha. I ended up cutting out 172 cards, it took over 2 hours to do. Well, I had my hand in the same position the entire time,and when my hand got tired I would just squeeze tighter... after finishing my hand was tender. and my index finger was sorta...numb. I figured it would go away, but it didn't. Turns out I damaged my nerve a little... haha. Oh bessie. haha. I just laughed. I called the Elders and told them that this "settler's of catan" game better be good. haha, it is actually a really fun game. 

This is what they did during their stay inside
So, we went to go have a lesson with our recent convert. It went really well. Her little son has completely changed. He used to be a little terror, but now he is such a sweetie. We ended up just talking about Christ with this little boy and some miracles that he had done. His mom was talking to him about the story of Christ and feeding the thousands with the bread and fish. She was talking about the story and the little boy was saying yes and then she asked and what did Christ hand to the thousands and the little boy just said "chocolate." haha, i laughed, it was so adorable! :) 

Leave it to Motra Z to find goodies!
So, probably the funniest thing happened in our lesson this week. Moter tooted. The first time it was just a small toot, and I giggled a little and then I was able to move on. (we were just showing family photos at this time, so it didn't ruin the spirit or anything). And then a couple minutes later, she tooted again, and this time it was a little bit louder! haha. I couldn't hold it in this time. I just started laughing and looked at Sister Riley and I could tell that she was just laughing so hard inside. So, I tried to stop laughing, but I couldn't stifle it. The investigator just looked at me and back and sister Riley and then Moter says "don't laugh at me because my albanian isn't as good as yours." So I had to pull the dad card. I said I wasn't laughing at her albanian but that I had told myself a joke. A really really funny joke. Well, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I had to excuse myself out of the room and then I just started laughing so hard. The elders were out there and asked what had happened, I explained it to them and we were all just laughing so hard!! It was hilarious. She may or may not be called Motra Tootigans now by the Elders. Pretty much it was priceless.

On Saturday we had zone conference in Gjakova to go to. Usually it takes about 2 hours to get there, we got there in just over an hour. haha, Elder Temple drove. Zone Conference was so good! We now have a mission song. It is absolutely amazing and I love it so much! We also watched Meet the Mormons. That was such a great movie! The end of the movie got me choked up, but it was such a good movie. I thoroughly enjoyed Zone conference. I felt like I learned so much. The musical numbers that were shared were absolutely beautiful, the testimonies that were shared were absolutely amazing, and sometimes it hits me that I am a missionary. When i do have another epipheny that I am a missionary, it feels so good. I have never felt happier in my entire life. Picture a room with my family, and as much Mint ice cream chocolate Chip ice cream, grits, and baked ham as i wanted. That would make me super super happy. My happiness here as a missionary is infinity times happier than that happiness. I absolutely love it here so so much!! Being a missionary has a certain feeling with it that is indescribable, At Zone Conference we sang the song, "The Time is Far Spent" on pg. 266. The last verse really stuck out to me. It says: 

Be fixed in your purpose, for Satan will try you;
The weight of your calling he perfectly knows.
Your path may be thorny, but Jesus is nigh you;
His arm is sufficient, tho demons oppose.
His arm is sufficient, tho demons oppose.

 What I have come to realize is that we all have our own personal Gethsemanes. I picture that there is like a gate surrounding our own Gethsemane and that Christ is the keeper of that gate. We approach the gate, knowing that we need to do this and that God needs us to go through it; but we don't enter it alone. Christ leads us the way, He is there with us every step of the way. We always make it through our Gethsemane with His help. It may be that we follow His footsteps, other times He is walking side by side with us, other times we are holding His hand, and sometimes He is carrying us. No matter how we go through our own Gethsemanes I testify that we are not alone. Never. It is with Christ's help that we are able to get through our own Gethsemanes, because He went through them first and He knows the way, He knows how it feels. I am so grateful for my Savoir Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the personal Gethsemanes that I have had and that I will have, because I come to know my Savoir more and more each time; and if it means coming to know, really know my Savoir I will do anything. Because he did everything for me. 

Have a wonderful week! Smile lots and serve lots!! 

Love,


Motra Zollinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment

contemplation

contemplation